Sunday, August 28, 2011

August

I was looking through my photos on my computer and realized that there really aren't that many pictures of me.  I'm always the one behind the camera.  There are even less of me since I got my DSLR back in 2008.  Everyone is scared to touch it, so I'm in very few pictures.

Let's see what was going on in my life worth photographing during the month of August over the last several years...


2011 -- I'm pregnant!  Of course, you likely already knew that.  This is the only picture of me this month and it was taken on August 2nd.  Goodness, I think I'm twice that size now...


2010 -- The hubs and I drove down to St. Louis and stopped at the City Museum.  It was cool, but I'm not fond of climbing through metal cages 50' off of the ground.  I did go down a slide and run in a giant hamster wheel.


2009 -- This is the one and only time my parents have been to Illinois to visit us** so we took a short trip to Springfield and looked at Abraham Lincoln's house.  You can even see the capitol building and downtown behind us.


2008 -- I went to visit my friend Laura in Hannibal, Missouri, where we saw the Second City comedy troupe.  The people we saw that night were so funny.  Two of the girls were in a bunch of Sonic commercials.  Since I live in a city devoid of Sonic goodness, it made my day.


2007 -- I tried on a bunch of wedding gowns.  I did a lot of this.  This picture was taken at The Villager on Broadway in downtown Columbia, Missouri.  


2006 --I was getting ready to start my third year of college and worked as a vendor rep for Hewlett-Packard.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I did as little as possible for $15 an hour.  My boss was based out of St. Louis, so I rarely saw her... which was probably a good thing.  This photo was taken around the time I quit my awful second job -- Toys R Us.  

Here's how awesome it was to work at TRU: 

Coworker: Hey, Marie-Etta, will you work for me Tuesday?
Me: Nope.

Fast-forward to Tuesday -- I had a voicemail from TRU asking where I was because my coworker said I was working for her.  HMM... Interesting, considering I had not only told her no, but had quit my job a week earlier.  Ahh.... the joys of retail.

**Dad has been out twice to help us move, but this is the only time my mom has come with him.

1 comment:

  1. You may or may not already know this if you have been through Columbia lately, but....
    the Villager actually went out of business a couple of months ago. I, like you, tried on many dresses there. I was very sad to see the "for lease" sign in the window a bit ago. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply to as many as I can. Thanks for stopping by!